The penultimate stop on the blog tour went live yesterday on Sara Crowley’s excellent blog. It’s the first of a series of interviews she’ll be running under the Smash Lits banner. Here’s what that means exactly:
(from Sara Crowley’s blog)
‘I enjoy reading writer blogs and interviews, and I like to review and interview other writers here. There are, however, a LOT of blog tours and review sites. The challenge is to keep things fresh. I was wondering how I could mix things up a bit and remembered that my very favourite interviews were always the Smash Hits biscuit tin ones. It was fun, it told the reader something daft and unexpected, it didn’t take itself seriously. So, I am introducing Smash Lits – my own version with an occasional literary twist.’
I answered these questions while travelling on a train and thoroughly enjoyed myself, so much so I almost missed my station stop. If you want to know which is my favourite type of biscuit, whether I believe in ghosts, and who wins out of bacon and tofu, check out the interview here.
Tomorrow I’ll be launching the collection at The Bookstop Cafe in Lincoln from 2pm. Please do stop by if you’re in the area. Check out the details here.
And you can check out the links below for the rest of the Looking Out of Broken Windows blog tour:
- Monday 3rd March – we kick of today with Carys Bray interviewing me about how/why I started writing
- Thursday 6th March – Nik Perring hosts My Life in Short Fiction with me, Dan Powell
- Monday 10th March – my first editor and long time friend Jodi Cleghorn interviews me about the difference between crafting a collection and writing single stories
- Thursday 13th March – the beautiful and brilliant Bookcunt reviews the collection
- Saturday 15th March – The official lauch post on this here humble blog
- Monday 17th March – I pop round to Vanessa Gebbie’s blog to talk about the role that music plays in my writing process
- Thursday 20th March – Neil Baker interviews me on the tools with which I craft my stories
- Monday 24th March – I visit with Tania Hershman to talk about where I write
- Thursday 27th March – Sara Crowley interviews me about, amongst other things, my favourite type of biscuit
- Monday 31st March – and last, but certainly not least, I stop by Nuala Ní Chonchúir’s blog for a chat
2 Responses to Smash Lits interview and Book Launch
Dan, I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. Enjoy! You only get to go to your debut launch once!
[…] Dan Powell continued his book launch blog tour on Smash Lits, with an interview by Sara Crowley on March 27th. He also discusses the book launch for his sort story collection, “Looking Out of Broken Windows.” […]
Comments are closed.