It’s National Short Story Day in the UK. To celebrate you could:
- buy a copy of 100 Stories for Haiti or 50 Stories for Pakistan – all proceeds to help the Red Cross relief efforts in those countries
- listen to an episode of the Guardian’s excellent Short Story Podcast
- read the best short story Anton Chekhov ever wrote
- get the Ether Books app for iPhone/iPod and download a whole host of great short works.
- download a copy of the Best of Friday Flash Vol. 1 – to bag yourself a collection of the best stories from the community’s first year.
- check out chinesewhisperings.com for tasters of the anthologies and, if you like what you see, download a ebook or two
- check out Metazen, Litsnack, The View From Here or Neon for some great online fiction.
- or how about having a crack at writing a story yourself?
Tonight, once the kids are in bed, I’ll be settling down with a glass of wine and my laptop to put the finishing touches to my story for the forthcoming Deck The Halls project. Look for these stories to go live on Christmas Eve.